Cauliflower is often considered one of the healthiest foods on Earth, and there is good reason why. With its rich supply of health-promoting phytochemicals, high level of anti-inflammatory compounds, and ability to ward off cancer, heart disease, brain disease, and even weight gain, it seems there isn’t much cauliflower is unable to do. Stewed Cauliflower in a spicy tomato sauce is a great treat for the soul.
- 1 can (14 oz) Italian flavored stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- Pinch of chili powder
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets (from 1/2 head)
- Put tomatoes, water, onion, chili flakes, and chili powder into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid evaporates slightly
- Add the cauliflower, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is soft when pierced with a knife but not mushy, 6 to 8 minutes
- Serve warm
- Amount per serving (4 total)
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 0
- Carbs: 17g
- Protein: 2g